I only casually mentioned the idea of cheating to @Jack_Mannino and within a few minutes of emailing him the link to the API he was already traveling the globe at record speed.
Foursquare even has a nifty and pretty easy to understand API here:
The simplest thing you can do is checkin and post your location by vid or venue.
Formats: XML, JSON
HTTP Method(s): POST
Requires Authentication: Yes
- vid - (optional, not necessary if you are 'shouting' or have a venue name). ID of the venue where you want to check-in
- venue - (optional, not necessary if you are 'shouting' or have a vid) if you don't have a venue ID or would rather prefer a 'venueless' checkin, pass the venue name as a string using this parameter. it will become an 'orphan' (no address or venueid but with geolat, geolong)
- shout - (optional) a message about your check-in. the maximum length of this field is 140 characters
- private - (optional). "1" means "don't show your friends". "0" means "show everyone"
- twitter - (optional, defaults to the user's setting). "1" means "send to Twitter". "0" means "don't send to Twitter"
- facebook - (optional, defaults to the user's setting). "1" means "send to Facebook". "0" means "don't send to Facebook"
- geolat - (optional, but recommended)
- geolong - (optional, but recommended)
So a sample request would look like:
POST /v1/checkin?vid= HTTP/1.1
It being a POST you'll have to write some code to handle the Content-Length or use Burp Repeater or Metasploit.
Have fun traveling the globe from your living room.