from the site:
Version 2 of Maltego has been completely rewritten - it’s a complete new code base.
The following has been added from the KZ3 release:
- Load/Save of entire graphs means you can always go back to your investigation.
- Printing of graphs (over multiple pages) for discussions.
- Export of entities (CSV format) makes it easy to import Maltego data into other databases.
- Commercial grade layout library:
- The layout and navigation have been optimized for speed and usability.
- Four layout types to rearrange data the way YOU want it.
- Two view types for finding relevant info on large graphs.
- More entities and 20 brand new transforms for even deeper searches and more information.
- Search/Find (on entity value, detailed info and additional fields) helps you to get to key nodes quicker.
- Multiple open graphs on different tabs for easy switching between graphs.
- Dedicated clear-all, zoom buttons for notebook users.
- Hollywood quality look & feel will impress your friends and your boss.
- Integrated help on transforms and entities to increase your learning curve.
- Complete user guide ensures you are never lost.
- Prepopulated and preconfigured transforms and transform sets saves you time.
- Population of API key integrated with license key so it’s never lost.
- Platform independent installer means you can install it anywhere.
I'm trying to tidy up slides for next week but expect a maltego post or article after chicagocon.